It is not surprising that your website gets no visitors, if you think about it. There are millions of websites and thousands if not hundreds of thousands created daily, so how on earth do you expect someone to notice your website or find on the search engine. They won’t unless you do one of the few things or all of them, which I will get to in a minute. I am not tech guy nor am I a professional traffic driver, but i know of places where such people are waiting for me to come and pay them few dollars to do the job for me. Why? Even though I can probably do search engine optimization myself, it is extremely time consuming and I have better things to do. Here few things that need to be done, and everyone can do it, regardless of their background:
- Share your link with those whom you know- social media sites are the best places to let your friends and family know about your new website and ask them to share it with their friends. Depending on how many friends you have on FB and how many followers you have on Twitter and other sites, you might start getting visits. I personally do not have a large group of friends on Facebook, so this method does not work for me.
- Hire an SEO specialist- go to websites like upwork.com (formerly known as oDesk) and post a job. You will be surprised at how affordable this things are. Within minutes you will get 10’s if not 100’s of applicants. The challenge will be choosing the right person for the job. And don’t forget, SEO takes time and you will have to be patient before you see results. But once you get some rankings and your website is useful for visitors, you will start growing exponentially. Another great place to search for freelancers is fiverr.com, where you can find people who can submit your site to search engines, send you traffic, and so on. Really great place.
- Do some keyword researching- Go to google adwords and use the “keyword planning tool” to find some low competition and niche keywords for your website. You can target those keywords on your website and do if you are running a business, not a blog, start writing a blog.
- Start writing a blog- why? Because google favors websites that give information for free and are not trying to sell products. If you are selling products, they want you to advertise and pay for those clicks, traffic, and sales. If you are running an e-commerce business, you will have to start writing blogs and sending links to your store. Write articles about your products or ask someone to write a review about your product and send links over to your site.
- Record a video and upload it to YouTube- Youtube is a great place to get free traffic. If you sell products, make a video about that product and explain the benefits and so on. You can place a link on your videos description and send people who are interested in buying directly to your product page. The same goes for those who sell services.
- Start advertising- Google Adwords, I find, is the best place to advertise your products or services. Again, you can find professionals on upwork.com or Fiverr.com who can create killer campaigns for you, but you can do it yourself as well. If you correctly identify your keywords, you can start selling the same day and be in business. If you sell physical products, google Merchant center is the BEST! Using Google Merchant center, you can publish your actual products, and get traffic that is very well targeted and interested in your product. If you sell local services, use local ads and you will see results right away. Google advertising is a treasure.
If you decide to do some SEO yourself, just know that it takes time, otherwise, you can probably hire someone for about $50 a week who will work really hard to get your website rank on the first page of Google within 3-4 months. Thats a good deal. If you combine all 6 suggestions, you website will rock and you will see results right away and if you keep working and let other work as well, within 6 months you will see lots of free traffic. Good Luck